Your teeth are vulnerable to plaque and tartar deposits that form on the teeth's surface. Plaque, a sticky film of bacteria, food particles, and saliva, can lead to gum disease and cavities. Teeth cleaning is a preventive measure to remove plaque and tartar deposits to keep your teeth healthy.
At Lowcountry Dental Center in Bluffton, SC, we offer the most thorough teeth cleaning services to ensure that your oral health is in top shape and you have a beautiful smile.
What is Teeth Cleaning?
Teeth cleaning is a preventive dental service that removes plaque and tartar deposits from the surface of your teeth. It is essential to have regular teeth cleanings because this procedure can prevent cavities, tooth decay, gum infections, periodontal disease, and other oral health problems. During this procedure, our hygienist will use special tools to remove plaque and tartar deposits from the surface of your teeth.
Benefits of Regular Teeth Cleanings
Here are some of the benefits of regular professional teeth cleanings:
- Removes plaque and tartar deposits from the surface of your teeth to prevent cavities and tooth decay
- Prevents gum diseases like gingivitis and periodontitis
- Removes bad breath or odor-causing bacteria from your mouth
- Improves gum health by reducing bleeding gums
- Improves overall oral health by preventing other dental problems
- Helps maintain bright smiles because professional cleanings remove stains from your teeth
- Keeps your mouth healthy by removing any harmful microbes from the mouth
At Lowcountry Dental Center, this procedure is performed by our experienced hygienist, who will also educate you about proper oral hygiene habits to keep your teeth healthy for life.
How Often Should You Go For Professional Teeth Cleanings?
As per the American Dental Association guidelines, adults should have professional teeth cleanings at least once every six months or even more frequently if there is a history of gum disease. More frequent cleanings prevent the bad bacteria to colonize under the gum, thus keeping the periodontal disease in check. To keep your oral health in check, you must get professional teeth cleanings done on time so that any infection or damage can be treated as soon as it is detected.
Please reach out to our dental practice at 70 Pennington Dr, Ste 7, Bluffton, SC 29910, to have a consultation with our dentists. Call us or schedule an online consultation, and we'll guide you further.